Re: Discontinuous Shear Wall

For example if the shear wall is rated at 550 plf then the uplift/compression forces should not exceed those that may by produced by 550plf. Remeber the omega factor if applied to the actuall shear, which in a a wood framed structural using shearwalls is, I believe 2.8. But this is not applied to the rated shear.

I believe I am correct but if not please correct me.

Erik Gibbs