RE: CBC 1630.8.2 .1 Plywood Shearwall supported on SMRF (Re-send)

I'm resending the email due to a typographical error. Please disregard my previous post.
Suresh:

Thanks for your comment.

Let me explain my point:

When you're designing a SMRF, to support a discontinuous plywood shear wall:

1- You'd apply the Omega to the axial loads from the "holdowns of the shearwall" (P or T = Omega x Eh) to the supporting beam.

2- My interpretation of the CBC 2001 & IBC 2003 is that the In-Plane Shear from this shearwall also needs to be at Em level, (V = Omega x Eh) for the design of the supporting Frame.

I appreciate comments on this.

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar
Private email: <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)hotmail.com >
Southern California