Spanish Tile Roof

I need some help from a southwest engineer.  I’m designing a roof with Spanish tiles.  It’s the kind that looks like half of a terra cotta pipe running up and down the slope, alternating direction.   What is the typical design dead uniform loading for these?  What goes under these, a waterproof membrane?  Are they typically supported on plywood or wood battens?

Thanks.

Rich