RE: Spanish tile roof

This sounds interesting but I have a few questions that I can direct to you or to a Mfr. Rep..  Do you have a manufacturer name for the system?

-- Don

The system I am so far impressed with, but have not seen what high wind uplift forces will do with an older system, is the epoxied tiles. Essentially the epoxy foam is put down on top of a plastic self-adhered (to the sheathing) moisture barrier. The tiles are set in the foam, moved around slightly into their final position, then the foam sets. The foam is very similar to the expandable type used to fill in holes around building penetrations, in between framing, etc. What I like about it are the lack of nailing penetrations and the increased surface area of bond. You are not just relying on 2-3 fasteners, you have 8+ inches of epoxy. The self-adhered membrane when fully applied makes the roof look like a big birthday present, all wrapped up tight...  Recently installed roofs using this that I have been on do not budge when you attempt to lift them up. They have Florida and S Florida approvals which are the highest wind areas in the country and are very strict, so I believe that involves full wind tunnel tests....