Discontinuous Shear walls

Somewhat keeping on topic, I have a multi-story apartment building, where I’m losing a lot of shear walls at the 1st floor, but my wind design force is significantly more than seismic.  Are there any provisions for discontinuities in vertical resisting elements that are controlled by Wind forces?  I know that in the seismic chapter, there’s the vertical structural irregularities table, to which gives you provisions for seismic, but obviously, losing the lower level of a 2 or 3 story shear wall has significant affects under either wind or seismic loadings.

Also some food for thought…  do you guys feel that the building codes should possibly add section in the structural chapter for irregularities, and the provisions for both wind and seismic listed in a table.  I think that would be helpful.

Andrew Heigley, PE

Dublin, OH