Re: Fundamental Frequency of Tall Steel Tank

3 ideas:
wouldn't it work to take your cross-sectional inertia, and use L^3/3EI
type factor (for cantilever) for K, and then use lumped mass, and then
sqrt(k/m)?  I think this should be fine, no?

or find a stiffness for your support configuration, applying unit
loads at particular locations ...  it is not a simple equation, it
depends on your support points and what kind of wiggling its going to
do, how many mass lumps you will consider.  if you want a more
sophisticated approach, model it as a cantiliver with the inertia and
E that you have (you don't need to get so sophisticated to model the
tube), then run a dynamic analysis, and find your frequencies.

you could just take a default value, and see if a gust factor is
really going to affect your overall system.
refugio rochin