RE: Discontinuous Shear walls

Andy, I believe that Doug's reply answers your original question.
Regardless of which force governs design, be it seismic or wind forces,
detailing requirements are based on seismic.  Maybe you can clarify your
question.

David A. Topete, S.E.

Wildman & Morris
120 Howard Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105
P:   (415) 8962644
F:   (415) 8962636
David.Topete(--nospam--at)wildmanmorris.com

"Andy Heigley" <aheigley(--nospam--at)jgaeng.com>
10/06/2006 10:53 AM
Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Discontinuous Shear walls

Doug,

I know I always have to design for seismic but even with the overstrength
factor applied to seismic forces, the wind forces still control.

Andrew Heigley, PE