Diaphragm Chords

Quick poll, does anyone know of a condition when Em (Omega) forces are required for diaphragm chords?  As I mentioned before, I am studying for the SE II exam.  A sample problem from NCEES did just that with a plywood diaphragm and masonry shearwalls.  I can't find a provision that even hints this is required.  I know about struts / collectors, but have never seen a chord checked with this combination.

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT