From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 2:44 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Phoenix AZ Masonry Construction

I’m working on a job in Phoenix and am wondering what the typical requirements for masonry construction inspection in this region are.  I have a 50’ x 80’ split face CMU bearing wall office building.  Are prism tests usually required during construction?  Is rebar inspection required by a third party?  My understanding from reviewing Phoenix’s web site is the 2003 IBC, with addendums, is the code.  Since IBC uses ACI 530, is the inspection requirement mandatory, or up to the engineer?

Thanks for your help.

Rich