Re: Figure Warping Constant for an Old Shape

It is 15.01 in an old Bethlehem Steel book I have.

Roger Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.

"Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc." <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca> wrote:
Sam,
You can can go to the web site for the Canadian Institute of Steel
construction and download a pdf file called Torsional properties of
Steel Shapes
Gary

Szuchuan Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some old W6.8.5 [6B8.5] beams to check for combined axial and
> bending element.
>
> I got the property of it as follows:
>
> wt. = 8.5 lb
> area = 2.5 in"2
> depth = 5.83
> flange = 3.94x0.194 inch
> web thickness = 0.170
> d/Af = 7.63
> Ixx = 14.8 in^4
> Sxx = 5.07 in^3
> rxx = 2.43 in
>
> Iyy = 1.89 in^4
> ryy = 0.87 in
>
> How can I find out the "Cw-warping constant" for this shape?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org