Fire rating of steel deck floor and hollow-core slabs.

Title: Message
I can't find Canadian code reference for the fire rating of a steel deck with concrete.
I need a 1 hour separation.  The architect says he thinks that we can avoid spraying fireproofing on the steel deck underside if the concrete thickness is increased.
(We would spray the joists and beams only).
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Supplementary question:
We are also considering hollow-core slabs.  All spans are 25 feet, and 8" slabs with a 2" topping seem appropriate.  Anyone have experience with these ?  Any nightmares to be avoided ?

Kevin Below