RE: NDS Shear values

Paul:

Bruce gave you the basics.  There was an article by Phil Line, Robert
Taylor, Buddy Showalter, and Bradford Douglas that outlined the changes in
the 2001 NDS, including the changes to the shear values.  The article
gives the explanation.  You can find the article at the AWC website at
this locations:

http://www.awc.org/Publications/papers/NDS2001article.pdf

HTH,

Scott