Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA

In a message dated 10/16/2006 5:40:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, SAcharya(--nospam--at)ci.alameda.ca.us writes:
The allowable shear stress was doubled but the adjustment factor (max
2.0) was removed. Is not what you said previously correct? Factor is in
effect 1.0 !!!

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

>>> bcainse(--nospam--at)aol.com 10/16/2006 5:13 PM >>>

OOPS! I meant a factor of two.

-----Original Message-----
From: bcainse(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: NDS Shear values

Paul-
There is an explanation of the changes in shear stresses at the top
left on page two of the following article from the American Wood Council
Website:
www.awc.org/Publications/papers/NDS2001article.pdf

In answer to your question, yes the shear stress values have been
increased by a factor of about 1.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA