From: refugio rochin [mailto:fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Corner Reinforcement and Moment

Feedback on corner reinforcement

I am somewhat unclear on what is necessary in steel to go around a corner.
My main problem, is hook development.
If a bar is continuous around a corner, and extends beyond the corners a development length appropriate for the bar, is this bar fully developing the moment around the corner?
It is not that we need to reinforce as we would for a hook, ie ldh ??
These are separate issues, right?

Refugio