From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:38 PM
To: Dan Morrow; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: builders win big in first code hearing round

In a message dated 10/17/06 12:44:27 PM, dmorrow(--nospam--at)swensonsayfaget.com writes:
The approved language significantly limits the application of wind speed-up effect requirements to local jurisdictions where there are documented, historical records of damage ...

Sort of like, we have to have a death at *EACH* intersection before we'll consider adding stop signs or traffic lights, right?  Mere intellectual evaluation of the situation, extrapolating from similar conditions elsewhere, won't do?  In other words *I* have to get lung cancer before I'll consider quitting.

Right.

Ralph Hueston Kratz
Structural Engineer
Richmond CA USA