Catenary Tension and Geometry

I'm doing some transmission tower design and the loads are from the cables (electrical conduit).  I know in my "gut" that the sag to span ratio does not change when varying the weight of the cable, only the cable tension changes.  But I can't find a good proof of this.  Anyone have any ideas.  Thanks in advance.

Bob Garner, S.E.

R. Garner

Moffatt & Nichol

Tel.:  (619) 220-6050