Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Catenary Tension and Geometry[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Catenary Tension and Geometry
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:17:37 -0700
I'm doing some transmission tower design and the loads are from the cables (electrical conduit). I know in my "gut" that the sag to span ratio does not change when varying the weight of the cable, only the cable tension changes. But I can't find a good proof of this. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Bob Garner, S.E.
Moffatt & Nichol
Tel.: (619) 220-6050
Fax.: (619) 220-6055
- Prev by Subject: Re: Castellated Beams in California
- Next by Subject: RE: Catenary Tension and Geometry
- Previous by thread: RE: Problem with P/T Tendon Stressing Procedure
- Next by thread: RE: Catenary Tension and Geometry