Funny TV Show

Dear List,

I was watching an episode of CSI-Miami on A&E Tuesday night where they
had a scene of a private pleasure boat crashing into a bridge pier.  Now
the boat was not small, but it could have been put on a trailer.  When
it hit the pier, the bridge deck started to collapse.  Large sections of
concrete where shown dropping into the water.  Of course, no rebar was
shown in the concrete.  I just had to laugh that they would show a boat,
moving at most 20-25 mph, could do that amount of damage to a bridge.  I
hope that the general population doesn't believe that a boat that size
could do that to a bridge, but "It was on CSI, so it must be true."

--Kipp Martin
  Carollo Engineers
  Portland, Oregon