Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Residential Retrofit in Riverside California - Engineer Needed[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Residential Retrofit in Riverside California - Engineer Needed
- From: "Dennis Wish" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:31:16 -0700
I received a call this morning from a man who is purchasing
an old home in
I can’t take this job as it is too far from me (80 miles) and would like to recommend someone to the client who has an understanding of residential retrofits and cripple wall strengthening. I’m not sure if the URM foundation can be pointed and anchored securely to or if it would be more cost effective to create a new dead-man grade beam and tie it to the existing cripple wall or install a shearwall system parallel to the perimeter walls.
If you are interested in this type of project, please e-mail me privately and I’ll give you the name and phone number to contact.
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
- Prev by Subject: recommended software for wood perforated shear wall design
- Next by Subject: Ridge Strip Vents
- Previous by thread: Re: Funny TV show
- Next by thread: Modelling a Load on a Floating Barge