Re: Health Club Floor Load

Mark,
Health clubs often relocate equipment as needs change.  I'd design most workout areas for free-weight loading.

"Mark L. Puccio" <mpuccio(--nospam--at)mpsqrd.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of a reference that suggests a live load for health club floors? I see gymnasiums listed in IBC but I am thinking free weight areas may warrant a larger load. I would like to find a reference I can point to vs. a rational determination only.

Please let me know if you know of any written standards for this.

Thanks

Mark L. Puccio P.E., S.E.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.

Pemberton Engineering