RE: Health Club Floor Load

Perhaps contact vendors of health club equipment.  Hmmm, I'm seeing a field trip to a health club for educational purposes.  Those stands that they stack all the barbells on have got to have some pretty good point loads.  Vibrations with all those rhythmic cross-country ski things is also a consideration.

Regards,

Bob Garner

From: Mark L. Puccio [mailto:mpuccio(--nospam--at)mpsqrd.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Health Club Floor Load

Does anyone know of a reference that suggests a live load for health club floors? I see gymnasiums listed in IBC but I am thinking free weight areas may warrant a larger load. I would like to find a reference I can point to vs. a rational determination only.

Please let me know if you know of any written standards for this.

Thanks

Mark L. Puccio P.E., S.E.