Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
LOADS ON FOATING BARGE[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: LOADS ON FOATING BARGE
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:40:05 +1000
I have a job to design supports for a small crane tower on a barge. The
total load is approximately 48 kips and my problem is to place beams
across the barge to support the tower. There are internal stiffeners in
the barge at 24" centres so any beam will be essentially sitting on an
However I don't know what spring constant (stiffness) to use for the
barge sitting in the water. Can anybody offer me some enlightenment?
Use "Formulas for natural frequency..." by Blevins.
If not clear what to use as stiffness, compare with a simple system,
which has sqrt(k/M) in it. Compare the expressions and "k" will be obvious.
Sincerely, Gregory from Oz.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Loads on Floating Barge
- Next by Subject: Local Stresses at Pipe Supports
- Previous by thread: Re: Health Club Floor Load
- Next by thread: Using Old or reclaimed lumber