Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Funny TV Show[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Funny TV Show
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:41:08 -0400
Title: Funny TV Show
I think the absolute worst example was The Mothman Prophecies. The story was about the mysterious collapse of a bridge in PA some years back. They took an existing trussed bridge and rigged fake suspension cables above it, so the breaking of the cables would fit with the plot of the movie. The final scenes of the movie showed the cables snapping and them some how the stand alone trusses fell to pieces into the river below.
My personal favorite of Hollywood liberties with structural engineering was a disaster movie showing the collapse of the Seattle Space Needle, with huge fractures and chunks of concrete falling off as the structure tumbled. The funny part is that the Space Needle, except for its massive foundation, is made entirely of steel.
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
BHC Consultants, LLC
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
- Prev by Subject: Funny TV Show
- Next by Subject: Re: Funny TV show
- Previous by thread: Re: "DL" displacing LL?
- Next by thread: Re: Funny TV show