Re: Ridge Vents

We use continuous ridge blocking, and cut the roof sheathing in alternate
bays on each side of the roof, staggered so that the ridge blocking will
always connect to the diaphragm on one side or the other.  If necessary, we
will use a 2x4 flat at the lower edge of the opening for stiffening and
strength.

Regards,

Kris P. Hamilton, PE
Geiger Engineers