From: Kris Hamilton [mailto:kph(--nospam--at)geigerengineers.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 11:52 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Using old or reclaimed lumber

If strength for depth limit is an issue, try using a Parallam beam,

sand-blasting the surface to imitate weathering or hand-hewing (depending on

the look wanted, and on the intensity of the blast), and staining it a

weathered grey or other color as decided by the architect.

Regards,

Kris P. Hamilton, PE

Geiger Engineers

114 W. Magnolia Street