Re: Using Old or reclaimed lumber

Title: Re: Using Old or reclaimed lumber

Here are links to several publications from the Forest Products Lab that should help:

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/pdf1999/falk99b.pdf
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fpl_gtr150.pdf

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.

From: "erik gibbs" <erik.gibbs(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I am doing a a project and the architect wants a beam that spans 10 ft over an entryway, and it carries 380 plf. He wants the beam to "Look old" or be reclaimed. I guess something like a western appearance, if that makes sense. Does anyone have any experience or info about this situation?

Thanks Erik G