Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Weld Symbol Footnotes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Weld Symbol Footnotes
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:21:34 -0400
- Disposition-notification-to: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
It looks to me like there is a typo in the manual. I think the notes in the table should be lettered not numbered. If you go to page 8-34, there is a series of notes that are lettered. I am fairly certain that these are the notes that you are looking for. The 9th edition manual used letters rather than numbers. I think note 3 is Br, note 4 is C, etc.
Wesley C. Werner
From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:02 AM
Subject: Weld Symbol Footnotes
I’m looking at the new edition of the AISC manual. Table 8-2 shows details of different prequalified weld symbols. At the bottom of each page it says the information was copied with permission from AWS D1.1. Each table refers to ‘Notes’ and gives a series of numbers. The AISC manual does not give the notes. Can someone who has access to an AWS D1.1 print the notes in an email message and post them? I specifically want to know notes 3, 4, 5, 8 & 10. If you could post all of them that would be great.
- Prev by Subject: Weld Symbol Footnotes
- Next by Subject: RE: Weld Symbol Footnotes
- Previous by thread: Weld Symbol Footnotes
- Next by thread: RE: Weld Symbol Footnotes