Re: Is there a correlation?

Bill,
If you're busy as heck, just raise your rates.
Gary

Bill Allen wrote:

I know this is a taboo subject, but I was reading the OC Register yesterday (sports section of course, since there’s an article every day on my beloved USC Trojans) and read an article about the proposed stadium for that fictitious future NFL team destined for the Los Angeles area. One point that was made was that the cost of the stadium has increased from the estimate in 2003 partly due to a 26% increase in construction costs including labor and material.

I haven’t raised my rate in a while, but this article got me thinking about it. On one hand, what I do has nothing to do with China taking all of our steel and wood products. On the other hand, I’m busier than **heck** and I’m canceling weekend motorcycle jaunts to meet deadlines.

I know we can’t talk about fees, but has anyone else made “adjustments in their business practice” since 2003?

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS <http://www.AllenDesigns.com>

Consulting Structural Engineers