Column Base Fixity

Greetings,

ASCE 7-02 requires that when a ELF procedure is applied to a building, the bases of the column are assumed to be fixed.

Is there any similar restrictions that are required for modal analysis? I am trying to model all columns as pinned and provide 4 anchor bolts per OSHA requirements and not design them for moments. I have a braced frame system with concrete shear walls as my lateral system. I am intending to carry all my lateral forces through the shear wall and braced frame. I have shear connections for all framing members. Can I model my column base as a pinned connection?

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN, E.I.
Structural Engineer