Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
AASHTO Load Combination[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: AASHTO Load Combination
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:23:36 -0500
I rarely do any DOT work so I am not familiar with the AASHTO standards.
I am working on a simple spread footing design for a bridge pier. I’m looking at the load combinations on Table 3.22.1.A. As I understand this I use these load factors with Equation 3-10. I have a question concerning LFD combinations I & IA. I see them as follows:
Group I – (1.3*1.0)Dead + (1.3*1.67)Live = 1.3Dead + 2.17Live
Am I interpreting this correctly? Do I have a live load factor of 2.86?
- Prev by Subject: [Fwd: Re: informal survey of listserve users]
- Next by Subject: RE: AASHTO Load Combination
- Previous by thread: Re: Composite columns
- Next by thread: RE: AASHTO Load Combination