RE: Coupled Shear Walls

Nels,

I don't know what edition of Pauley and Priestley your associate has, but
my 1992 printing of Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry
Buildings has the section on design of ductile coupled wall structures on
pages 440 to 473.  In doing a brief look through the section, I did not
see any references listed.  The section is primarily an example.

I did find this reference listed in the back of the book:

Rosman, R., "Approximate Analysis of Shear Walls Subjected to Lateral
Loads," Journal ACI, Vol. 61, June 1964, pp. 717-733.

I don't know if that is the same reference or not, but it is the same
journal date.  I found this Journal article in the ACI database...here is
the link to what I found:

http://www.concrete.org/PUBS/JOURNALS/AbstractDetails.asp?SearchID=116382&date=anytime&searchmonth=1&searchday=1&searchyear=2006&publication=ALL&title=Approximate+Analysis+of+Shear+Walls&ID=7804

(If you search on the title you will find it...the reason that you did not
find is that Rosman  is misspelled in the textbook...it should be Rosmon)

I will also mention that the textbook also has some sections on masonry
walls with opennings, including an example (pages 609 to 621).

If you have something that you a specifically looking for, let me know and
I will see what I can do to get you some detailed responses from the
textbook.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI