FRP reinforcement

Good Morning All:

Has anyone used FRP reinforcement to strengthen existing structural slabs. I am dealing with a slab with a significant deflection (3"+/-) and it is about 15 years old. I am concerned about the amount of jacking that could be done prior to the installation of the FRP. I am thinking that we could only jack the slab back up by the amount of the "immediate DL deflection" which could be only about a 1/4 or 1/3 of the long term DL deflection. Any thoughts on procedures?  I am also not sure that this is the answer to the problem; it was the suggested method.  I seemed to remember reading that the stiffness is not increased as much as the strength is. Is there any way to get the slab back to level condition without the use of toppings?

I also have other concerns about the strength as the area where there is a problem is the area where there are no drop panels. Has anyone on the list ever added drops to an existing slab. I am mulling over what kind of connection/joint there would have to be between the new and the old.

thanks

David A. Handy P.Eng.