RE: FRP reinforcement

What is the FRP?

To me FRPC is Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composite. Glass fibres are stiffer than steel, whilst Kevlar fibres are tougher than steel, not sure where carbon fibres lie. The articles I have read on FRPC have generally concerned using FRPC sheets to strengthen reinforced concrete bridges, either wrapped around columns or applied to sides of beams. Purposes being to either repair damaged concrete, allow for increased traffic loading, or meet earthquake requirements.

Not sure how FRPC would help reduce deflection of a slender slab. Need to increase EI, and I don’t believe it will have much effect on that!

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

mailto:metamorf(--nospam--at)senet.com.au

http://users.senet.com.au/~metamorf

METAMORPHS: Beyond Structures

Adelaide

South Australia