Re: Stacked bond cmu

This is a regional thing.  You didn't mention your location.  West coast generally solid grouts everything.  Other locations only grout reinforced cells.  Some of those won't use any rebar, depending on detailing requirements.  There is not a code requirement for solid grout if your stresses work.  If you are a bit "out of the loop" on block, visit ncma.org and get some Tek notes for your area.

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT