From: Will Blanchard [mailto:will(--nospam--at)strucdes.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Bowman Hangers

I am currently working on a project where the original construction included the use of Bowman hangers.  The contractor would like to re-use these hangers, but I have been unable to locate a Bowman catalog or report as to the bearing capacity of these hangers.  The architect tells me that they quite similar to the modern day Simpson hangers, the PE I work under would like to see the manufacturers values before allowing re-use of the hanger.

Does anyone have an old Bowman catalog or know where to find these values?

Thanks,

Will Blanchard

Project Engineer

EIT