Re: Stacked bond cmu

There are several unique structural requirements per ACI 530 for stack bond masonry. Stack bond was quite popular with architects at one time, but the structural behavior was poor. The issue is somewhat moot with scored CMU which offers the continuous vertical lines that the architects like while the units are set in running bond.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: "refugio rochin" <fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Stacked bond cmu
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:11:19 -0400

oh, now i understand, didn't know what stacked bond masonry was !
running bond masonry does not require this though.
sections 1.13.6 and on in ACI 530-02

On 11/6/06, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu> wrote:
Section 1.14.6.3 of the 2005 MSJC (ACI 530-02).  Would be similar section
for the 2002 edition, I believe...but don't have it in front of me at the
moment.  I do know that the same requirement is in the 1999 edition, so it
will be in the 2002 edition as well.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI