RE: Hoboken, NJ Building Code

Your project would fall under the requirements of NJ UCC and depending on the local building official may or may not be submitted for review by the State DCA (Dept. of Consumer Affairs).

Matthew Stuart

________________________________

From: Brian S Bossley [mailto:BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com]
Sent: Tue 11/7/2006 6:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Hoboken, NJ Building Code

Thanks for the speedy response.

I'm putting up a noise-reduction panel wall around some HVAC equipment which is on the roof of a building in Hoboken.  I'm not sure if the NJ UCC is where I should go, but I don't think this will add a significant amount of lateral load to the building.

I'm in a situation in which I would have considered wind exposure category A before, but depending on which version of the IBC I'm looking at, it may not even be an option.  I think that I may want to just go with exposure B to avoid problems down the road.

<<winmail.dat>>