Re: Structural wood beam support on a chimney

Dear All
I am doing a pile raft per ACI. In the commentary, R15.5.4  I am required to check punching and one way shear at the column face, but the enhanced limiting shear is not defined.

In previous projects, I have used 5MPa (about 700psi) as the limit when using BS code. A relevent shear limit appears to be minimum of 5.5MPa (775psi) or 0.2fc' which is the limit for shear in corbels at the face of load in ACI. Also I remember using 10 root fc' in US customary units for limiting shear on a concrete section. Any help?

Syed A Masroor,
Karachi, Pakistan.