Incomplete information from Architects...........

Title: Incomplete information from Architects...........

Jimmy,

I have not seen a trend up here of incomplete document issue.  The plan reviewers may have a different opinion since they are on the front line so to speak.

 have seen a trend of architects/owners coming in with unrealistic schedules, but it is our job to educate them on what is realistic.   Since 90% of our structural work is done for our in-house architects, schedule coordination in house is constant and it allows us structurally to have significant input on the schedule deadlines, to ensure we have the capability of producing in the time frame required.  It has been about 5 years now since I've done a 100 hour week, so we must be getting better at managing timelines and schedules and occasionally will turn down work or refer it to others when a job comes to us that has too quick of a timeline for us to perform up to standard.

Jared F. Keyser, P.E.
LCMF LLC