Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
sandwich panels in seismic design category D?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: sandwich panels in seismic design category D?
- From: "Haan, Scott M POA" <Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)poa02.usace.army.mil>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:11:46 -0900
Are wood panel / foam core sandwich panels being used anywhere in Seismic Design Category D? ICC AC04 now says that they are allowed only in Seismic Design Categories A, B and C. It is my understanding that the 2000 ICC evaluation reports were silent on this but that ICC evaluation reports based on the 2003 IBC say specifically they are only allowed in seismic design category A, B and C.
They used to use these panels in
Where are the bodies? I would like to know why they
are not allowed anymore – were their failures in Northridge or something?
Are these things being used in
Did some Cheechako [no offense intended to any Cheechakos
reading this] committee decide they wanted to legislate that you can’t
use sandwich panels like loghomes in
- Prev by Subject: Re: Ridge Vents
- Next by Subject: RE: sandwich panels in seismic design category D?
- Previous by thread: Re: Structural wood beam support on a chimney
- Next by thread: RE: sandwich panels in seismic design category D?