Re: Incomplete information from Architects........... [now: fees]

This wouldn't have anything to do with (lack of adequate) fees, wouldn it?
Ralph

In a message dated 11/11/06 5:24:52 AM, ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca writes:
Ken,
The problem is worse up here (CAN).  Many consulting engineers feel that
they bear no responsibility whatsoever for connections and leave it up
to the fabricator and his engineer to guess what they want, e.g. they
say "Moment Connection" and don't specify the moment (in violation of
the code) and when queried will say "develop full moment capacity of the
member".  I could go on and on, but it would take too much time.  As a
consulting engineer myself, I have to say I am ashamed of some these people.
Gary