ACI-shear in Rafts

I sent a letter like this before, but it somehow did not get on the list.

I am doing a pile supported raft per ACI for a 40-storied tower. In the
commentary, R15.5.4  I am required to check punching and one way shear at
the column face, but the enhanced limiting shear is not defined.

In previous projects, I have used 5MPa (about 700psi) as the limit when
using BS code. A relevent shear limit appears to be minimum of 5.5MPa (about
800psi) or 0.2fc' which is the limit for shear in corbels at the face of
load in ACI. It does not appear to be explicit in the code, but shouldn't
this limit apply to RCC section on all possible shear planes?

Also, I notice that ACI-318 does not have a reduction factor for concrete
shear strength of deep  members like BS8110, or AASHTO-LRFD. Any help?

Syed A Masroor,