From: Wesley Werner [mailto:wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Eccentric Footing Load

List,

    Do you need to design for eccentricity in a footing if a smaller footing works concentrically loaded? For instance, if a 6'x2' footing works can you use a 6'x3' footing with 6" of eccentricity in the 3' dimension and ignore the eccentricity because a 2' width would work for soil bearing? Or do you need to increase the 6' dimension to make soil bearing pressures work for 6" eccentricity? How would the soil know that there is an extra foot of concrete?

Wesley C. Werner

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate new house payment