Block Foundation - Vibration Modes

Consider a pump-motor skid anchored to a massive concrete foundation. Assume that the pump-motor axis is horizontal and, is along X-axis. Y-axis is horizontal and perpendicular to the pump-motor axis. Z-axis is upward. Pump is a centrifugal pump.

Intuitively, it seems to me that only tthree modes of vibration will be important: The vertical mode, the rotational mode about the X-axis and its coupling with translation in Y-direction. Am I unconservative in ignoring the vibration modes in other 3 planes (rotation about Y-axis with coupled translation in X-axis and the torsional mode about Z-axis)?

Thanks and, have a great Thanksgiving.

Rajendran

Sponsored Link

Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Online degrees from top schools - in as fast as 1 year