From: jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net [mailto:jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net]
Sent: 21 November 2006 23:59
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Single angle bending member

Thanks Gunnar,

I was actually being a little lazy hoping someone had a list of Iw and Iz.  The formulas on page 17-42 of the manual would be for an angle constructed of plates (no fillets or radius at the toes), so I was hoping there was a tabel somewhere that could be had, so itterative calculations for a beam would be a bit simplified.

Joe

On Tue Nov 21 17:41 , 'Gunnar H. Isleifsson' sent:

You can find Iz and rz from the following equations:

Ix + Iy = Iw + Iz

rz = sqrt(Iz/A)

where
Ix and Iy are moments of inertia about major and minor geometrical axis
Iw and Iz are moments of inertia about major and minor principal axis

HTH
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
Denmark