Re: Dynamic Analysis

I picked it up under the supervision of two other senior engineers.  The basic concepts are relatively easy.  CSIBerkely has a some great white papers on their website.  If you have never done this before, I strongly suggest your read them.  You can find them at http://www.csiberkeley.com/support_technical_papers.html.

My two cents for dynamic are the same as for static analysis.  Garbage in, garbage out.  In addition to needing a realistic stiffness model (similar to a static analysis) you also need a realistic mass model.  The few times I have done dynamic models, I started with a static model.  Get that model working then work towards the dynamic model.  The final dynamic results should be confirmed with static results for a gut check.

Best of luck,
Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT