RE: Dynamic Analysis

Just thought of something that really helped me understand buildings vibrating at different modes:  When they came out with those skinny radio antennas on new cars, the antenna will vibrate at different modes depending upon the car speed.  Makes a great visualization tool!

Bob

From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Dynamic Analysis

I had a great little book on Structural Dynamics including seismic dynamics by Paz.  It included a Basic program for doing the analysis so you can see the source code to understand what the computer is doing (providing you know Basic).

I'll look for the book tonight and give you more info tomorrow.

Bob Garner