From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Sloshing Damping
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:30:17 -0600

On Nov 22, 2006, at 1:33 AM, Syed A Masroor wrote:

There is nothing secretive about this. The formulae and graphs are documented in API codes. The forces are much reduced for large shallow tanks.
I suspect these rules are based on an analysis by G. W. Housner. I'm practically certain I've seen it at one web site or another. You can Google it out. It's also reproduced in 'Nuclear Reactors and Earthquakes,' which is as good a practical reference as any for doing seismic analysis. It's old but earthquakes and structural dynamics are still the same ol'-same ol' Newton's laws and plate tectonics they've always been.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/