From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: 22 November 2006 18:35
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Single angle bending member

Gunnar,

There is a slight problem, regardless of whether the equations are valid or
not.  Assuming that one only knows Ix and Iy and A, then you essentially
will have one equation to solve two unknowns (Iz and Iw).  :-)

The second equation does help Joe as the AISC manual does provide rz.  So,
using that second equation, he can now determine Iz.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI