From: William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com [mailto:William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Sloshing Damping

It doesn't reduce your seismic shear.  Normally acceleration response spectra is based on 5% damping for buildings.  For sloshing water, the damping is reduced to 0.5%, which in turn increases the spectral response. The response at 0.5% damping is 1.50 times that at 5% damping.

Bill Sherman

CH2M HILL / DEN

720-286-2792