ASCE 07-2005 Unbalanced Snow

ASCE 07 has changed the unbalanced snow load requirements yet again.  The snow load profile places the maximum unbalanced load at the ridge.  As someone who has spent a fair amount of time in snow country, I don't think I have ever seen that load pattern.  The commentary indicates there are "studies" available to document this pattern but doesn't cite any references.  Does anyone know those references or studies?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT